(Use of your personal data by New Central Credit Union Ltd. and Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies)
Data Protection Statement: We may use credit reference (CRA) and fraud prevention agencies (FPA) to help us make decisions. A condensed guide to how we will use your information is detailed below. If you would like to read full details of how your data may be used, please call us on 024 7663 3456 and we will send you a leaflet. By confirming your agreement to proceed you are accepting that we may each use your information in this way (please see formal declaration on the loan application)
How we will use your data:
- When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check our own records, and search at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies for information on all applicants and their financial associates. CRAs supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
If you are providing information about others, on a joint application, we will link your records together, so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
- We will use the information provided to use by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help make credit or credit related decisions about all applicants to verify their identity, for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or money laundering, and to manage accounts. If you borrow from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
- When credit reference agencies receive a search from us they will place a search “footprint” on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders whether or not this application proceeds.
- Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. The information which we and other organisations provide to the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies may be supplied by credit reference agencies to other organisations and used by them to perform similar checks. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- Your data may be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
- Call Credit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 0100583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk